Only for 2nd generation media caddys starting with MAC 00C.
Install Windows Software
- Download the zip file: https://storage.googleapis.com/targetr/MediaCaddyReFlash.zip
- Extract the zip file.
- Install Windows driver (DriverInstall.exe).
- Run Rockchip Batch Tool (RKBatchTool.exe).
Flash Media Caddy
- Connect the power.
- Connect the internal micro USB port to a PC. (standard micro USB to USB cable.)
- The connected device should show green, blue, or pink in batch tool. If it's not green, press "Switch" and wait for green.
- Press "..." to locate firmware.
- Select update-5-25-2016b.img.
- Click upgrade.
- Do not disconnect until you see **********Upgrade Done Success<1> Fail<0>
If the device does not show green in batch tool:
- Disconnect the power.
- Use the blade of a very small screwdriver to connect pins 8 & 9 on the flash memory.
- Retry the flashing procedure — you can release 8 and 9 when detected by batch tool.
Note: This is fiddly and may take multiple attempts
Please sign in to leave a comment.