Cloud server deployment details.
There are six active servers spanning 5 cloud providers:
- europe3 (Azure)
- asia3 (AWS)
- useast2 (GCP)
- uswest2 (Linode)
- staging2 (GCP) - For testing with live data
- test (Oracle) - For testing with non-live data
Internet traffic is routed to the server with the lowest latency that passes a health check. Amazon Route 53 provides this functionality.
Each server has its own local instance of MongoDB. Data is replicated asynchronously with eventual consistency.
Videos, images, and other media is stored in Google Cloud Storage and Amazon S3.
Content Delivery Network (CDN)
BunnyCDN and Amazon CloudFront are used to distribute media.
Reporting Data Warehouse
Data warehouse stores display reports, collected data, screen status history, user audit trail, and media upload log.
Server instances write to shared custom data warehouse on useast1. All servers can buffer at least 100 million records if useast1 is unavailable.
- Media is duplicated and stored in both Google Cloud Storage and Amazon S3. Media can not be updated and server applications have no permission to delete objects from these object stores.
- MongoDB on staging2 backed up daily 00:00 GMT.
- MongoDB on uswest2 is backed up daily by Linode backup solutions.
- Data Warehouse on useast2 snapshot daily between 07:00 and 08:00 GMT
Please sign in to leave a comment.