Use the Cloud dialog to create or edit a cloud configuration.
For more information about Cloud Configurations see Clouds tab.
To display this dialog, on the Clouds tab:
- click the button,
- click the label of a cloud configuration item; or
- click the Options button and select Edit.
The following options are available:
Label — Enter a label for the cloud configuration. This will enable you to identify it in the list on the Clouds tab.
Name — Enter a name for the cloud configuration. The name must match the domain name or the cloud configuration will not be applied. For example, a cloud configuration with the name signage.example.com will be applied when accessing via http://signage.example.com.
|Note: A DNS CNAME record must be created pointing to this server address to support new domain names.|
The welcome logo, colour scheme and favicon may all be customised and different default player applications, languages and timezones configured.
The following web sites can be used for creating compatible bootstrap 3 theme CSS.
- Favicon.css - Favicon generator
- Bootswatch - Free themes for Bootstrap
- Bootstrap Magic - Theme creator
Various options controlling sign in and session management are available in this section.
The require secure authentication (HTTPS) option forces using the administration interface or APIs over a secure communications channel. Authentication over an insecure (plain HTTP) will be actively blocked.
The allow anonymous users to register option shows an additional button on the sign in page to allow users to create their own user account.
Password requirements can be configured to add additional security. Please note that an attempt to use any of the 100,000 most common passwords will trigger a warning to discourage the use of such passwords. The platform also includes various velocity checks that restricts more than 5 failed password attempts within a 10 minute window.
Sign in can delegate authentication to Google, Microsoft and Yahoo! OAuth2 providers. To enable, a client ID and client secret must be configured for each.
- Google API Manager Credentials - Setup OAuth2 for Google sign in.
- Microsoft Application Registration Portal - Setup OAuth2 for Microsoft sign in.
- Yahoo! My Apps - Setup OAuth2 for Yahoo! sign in.
Screens starting for the first time and new user registrations are assigned to the selected group. For this to work, the address of the server must match the cloud configuration name.
Click +Add data to add default data that will be applied to new User, Library, Sequence, and Screen items. These defaults will be added automatically when saving items, but will not override existing values.
Select a base sequence for new end user registrations. A base sequence provides default items for display and may impose restrictions on the sequences the user creates. For example, it may prevent the user overriding an item in slot 1 forcing the default to always display.
Grant additional users and user groups to access to the cloud configuration item and set the permission level.
Users with access to this item
Enter a valid email address, select the permission level, then click Add.
- Full — The user will have full access to the item.
- Read only — The user can only view the item.
Users with access to these groups have access to this item
Enter a valid group name, select the permission level, then click Add.
- Full — Users with access to the selected group have full access to the item.
- Read only — Users with access to the selected group can view the item but not control it.
- Low vis — Users with access to the selected group will not see the item displayed in the full list of items. This can help speed up performance when there are a lot of items. For more information see Low visibility access controls.
Click the Delete button to remove a user or group from the cloud configuration item.
Add custom data to the cloud configuration item.