Use the Group dialog to create and edit groups.
To display this dialog, on the Groups tab:
- click the button,
- click the label of a group item; or
- click the Options button on a group item and select Edit.
The following options are available:
Use this tab to define a label and a name for a group. The group name must be unique and is used when granting group access to objects in the system.
The system will automatically generate a suitable group name while modifying the label. The group name can be customised after changing the label. Please note that no duplicate group names may exist on the entire platform, so you must keep it specific.
|Note: Only lowercase letters, numbers, and periods can be used in a group name|
All items that have been added to the group are listed on this tab. Every item in this list is accessible to the users defined on the Access tab.
A group can contain any item type. For each individual item in a group, the item can be modified and the groups containing the item will be listed in the access tab.
Select Offline screen notifications to be notified by email if screens in this group are offline for over ten minutes. Notifications will be sent to all users in a group's Access tab.
Grant additional users and user groups to access to the items in the group and set the permission level.
Users with access to this item
Enter a valid email address, select the permission level, then click Add.
- Full — The user will have full access to the item.
- Read only — The user can only view the item.
Users with access to these groups have access to this item
Enter a valid group name, select the permission level, then click Add.
- Full — Users with access to the selected group have full access to the item.
- Read only — Users with access to the selected group can view the item but not control it.
- Low vis — Users with access to the selected group will not see the item displayed in the full list of items. This can help speed up performance when there are a lot of items. For more information see Low visibility access controls.
Click the Delete button to remove a user or group from the group item.
Add custom data to the group item. The data may be used in condition evaluation or to store any additional information required.