Use the Groups tab to create and manage groups. Existing groups are listed in the table on the tab.
A group is useful for granting one or more users access to many items in a single operation. For example, newly registered users could be automatically added to a group and then a specific user could be given access to the group and act as an administrator for all the users.
Groups can be used for sharing items. For example, multiple library items can be added to a group then access to the group can be given to multiple users to form a shared library. Screens and sequences can also be grouped and managed by multiple users.
Groups can be contained within groups to create complex hierarchical permission structures.
The following options are available:
— Click to display the Group dialog, which enables you to create a new group.
— Click to display the search field and two dropdown menus which enable you to control which items and columns are displayed in the list.
- In the top dropdown menu, you can select a specific group to restrict the list so that only group items associated with that group are displayed.
- In the bottom dropdown menu, you can select which columns to display in the list. The columns shown will affect items displayed when searching.
— Click to refresh the list to reflect the latest changes.
— When you have one or more group items selected, click this button to display the Multiple selection dialog. Use this dialog to set permissions, add items to a group, and control access to all selected groups.
— Click to download a CSV file.
— Click to edit, delete, or view the summary of an existing group item. From the pop-up menu:
- Select Edit, to display the Group dialog. Alternatively, you can click the group label in the list.
- Select Remove to delete the group.
- Select Group summary to open the Group summary dialog.