Use the User dialog to create and edit users.
To display this dialog, on the Users tab:
- click the button,
- click the label of a user item; or
- click the Options button and select Edit.
Alternatively, you can click on the Home tab.
The following options are available:
Specify a label, email and password. The email must be unique and is used when granting group access to objects in the system.
It is possible to specify a username instead of a email address. The username will need to be unique in the system.
Select which features are visible to the user. You can only enable features for another user if you have those features enabled yourself.
Set a base sequence. The base sequence option restricts the sequences that can be displayed on the screen.
In the Sign in message box, you can enter a message to be displayed when the user signs in. The message will also be displayed if the user attempts to sign in but you have disabled them. This is useful for notifying the user they must contact you to pay an invoice for example.
Specify an address for the user. If you enter an address into the search field, Google Maps autocompletes the other fields. You can also enter an address manually or drag the red marker to the correct position in the map view.
Again, make sure GDPR is observed. It is recommended that this location is of a public space such as where the primary screens are situated.
Grant additional users and user groups to access to the user and set the permission level. If another user has full access to a user they will be able to masquerade as the user and see all item that user has access to.
Users with access to this item
Enter a valid email address, select the permission level, then click Add.
- Full — The user will have full access to the item.
- Read only — The user can only view the item.
Users with access to these groups have access to this item
Enter a valid group name, select the permission level, then click Add.
- Full — Users with access to the selected group have full access to the item.
- Read only — Users with access to the selected group can view the item but not control it.
- Low vis — Users with access to the selected group will not see the item displayed in the full list of items. This can help speed up performance when there are a lot of items. For more information see Low visibility access controls.
Click the Delete button to remove a user or group from the user item.
The Auto setup tab speeds up the process of configuring the end user by automatically creating a sequence and screen for the end user.
Add custom data to the user item.