Use the Library item dialog to upload content to the platform.
To display this dialog:
- click the button on the Library page,
- click the Options button on a library item and select Edit; or
- click the button on the Sequences tab when the Library panel is displayed.
The following options are available:
Label — Enter a label for the library item. This is the name displayed in the Label column in List view. If this field is left blank, the file's name is used as the label.
— Click to apply a colour to the library item. This colour is visible when the items are viewed in grid layout andcan help to easily identify items in the library.
Duration — Control how long an image or web page is displayed before progressing to the next item. If a video is uploaded and this field is not modified, it will be populated by the length of the video.
For images the default duration of 10 seconds will be applied.
Select the content to be added to the library. The options available on this tab depend on which display type is selected. There are three display types:
- Single item — Upload a single item to the library, link to a web page, link to streaming media, or build content using another service.
- Inner sequence — Select a previously created sequence to save in the library as an inner sequence.
- Multiple items at the same time — Position multiple items and sequences on the screen at once and save as a single library item.
If you're editing an existing library item, the Display tab displays the selected content.
These options are used as defaults when the library item is added to a sequence. They can be customised later. You can add a Start and End date for the item, assign a Custom ID, or add conditions that control when an item is displayed.
Click Build new condition to display the Build new condition dialog, which enables you to construct conditions based on location, audience analytics, scheduling, and frequency.
Define events that interrupt regular playback.
An event consists of two parts; a trigger and an action. When the trigger occurs, the action is performed. Actions include displaying a web page, playing another sequence, collecting data (such as an email address), or adding advanced data.
A trigger can occur at any time while the item is displaying and the action will interrupt the playback of the active item.
Click New event to display the Configure event dialog and define an event.
Any events created for an item are listed on the item's dialog.
Grant additional users and groups access to the library item and set the permission level.
Users with access to this item
Enter a valid email address, select the permission level, then click Add.
- Full — The user will have full access to the item.
- Read only — The user can only view the item.
Users with access to these groups have access to this item
Enter a valid group name, select the permission level, then click Add.
- Full — Users with access to the selected group have full access to the item.
- Read only — Users with access to the selected group can view the item but not control it.
- Low vis — Users with access to the selected group will not see the item displayed in the full list of items. This can help speed up performance when there are a lot of items. For more information see Low visibility access controls.
Click the Delete button to remove a user or group from the library item.
Add custom data to the library item. The data may be used in condition evaluation or to store any additional information required.