Use the Library item dialog to upload digital content to the platform.
To display this dialog:
- click the Add item button () on the Library tab,
- click the Options button () on a library item and select Edit; or
- click the Add Library item button () on the Sequences tab when the Library panel is displayed.
The following options are available:
Label — Enter a label for the library item. This is the name displayed in the Label column in List view. If this field is left blank, the file's name is used as the label.
— Click to apply a colour to the library item. This colour is visible when the items are viewed in grid layout andcan help to easily identify items in the library.
Duration — Control how long an image or web page is displayed before progressing to the next item. If a video is uploaded and this field is not modified, it will be populated by the length of the video.
For images the default duration of 10 seconds will be applied.
Select the content to be added to the library. The options available on this tab depend on which display type is selected. There are three display types:
- Single item — Upload a single item to the library. The following options are available.
- Upload item from local computer — Select an item to upload from your computer.
- Import item from remote server — Enter the address of the remote server. The item will be downloaded and stored so it will play offline.
- Link to a web page — Enter the address of the web page. The web page will be loaded and displayed by the player using Android WebView.
- Link to streaming media — Enter the custom streaming address. Ensure the playback device and player supports the stream. For example: http://, rtsp://, hdmi://, camera://, hls-http://, or dash-http://.
- Create with image editor — Open the Image editor so you can modify an item before importing it.
- Build content using another service — Add weather, exchange rates, an RSS feed, or a Twitter feed.
- Inner sequence — Create an inner sequence from a previously created sequence. Select the sequence you want to save as an inner sequence from the dropdown list.
- Multiple items at the same time — Position multiple items or sequences on the screen at once to create a composite item.
If you're editing an existing library item, the Display tab displays the selected content.
Update sequences containing this item — Check this option to ensure that any changes you make to the library item are carried through to all instances where the item is used in a sequence. This means you only have update one item, even if it is used in multiple locations.
These options are used as defaults when the library item is added to a sequence. They can be customised later. You can add a Start and End date for the item, assign a Custom ID, or add conditions that control when an item is displayed.
Build new condition — Click this button to display the Build new condition dialog, which enables you to construct conditions based on location, audience analytics, scheduling, and frequency.
Using the options on the Events tab, define events that interrupt regular playback. Any events created for a library item are listed on this dialog. If no events have been created, the Trigger and Action columns are empty.
New event — Click to display the Configure event dialog, which you can use to define an event.
Update sequences containing this item — This option is available only if the library item is part of a sequence. Select this option to ensure that your changes carry through to all instances where the item is used in a sequence. If you leave this option unchecked, then any events added to the item won't be applied in places where this item is already used.
Grant additional users and groups access to the library item and set the access control level.
Users with access to this item
Enter a valid email address, select the access control level, then click Add.
- Full — The user will have full access to the item.
- Read only — The user can only view the item.
Users with access to these groups have access to this item
Enter a valid group name, select the access control level, then click Add.
- Full — Users with access to the selected group have full access to the item.
- Read only — Users with access to the selected group can view the item but not control it.
- Low vis — Users with access to the selected group will not see the item displayed in the full list of items. This can help speed up performance when there are a lot of items. For more information see Low visibility access controls.
Click the Delete button () to remove a user or group from the library item.
Add custom data to the library item. The data may be used in condition evaluation or to store any additional information required.