Use the Sequence dialog to create and configure a new sequence item or edit an existing one.
To display this dialog, on the Sequences tab:
- click the Add Sequence button () ; or
- click the Options button () on a sequence item and select Settings.
The following tabs are available:
Enter a label and specify a type for the sequence.
Label — Enter a name for the sequence item. This will enable you to identify it.
Type — Select a default type for the sequence.
- Stacks — Create an ordered sequence of stacked items manually updated by the user.
- Stacks shuffled — Create a sequence of stacked items manually updated by the user and randomly shuffled at the beginning of each loop.
- Stacks on a shared base — Create a stack on a base sequence. Select the base sequence from the Base sequence dropdown list.
- A base sequence provides default items for display. These items can be overridden by stacking on top. The base sequence controls which slots can be overridden and the maximum duration of slots. Multiple sequences can be stacked and shared, supporting a hierarchy of control that is ideal for international, regional, and local advertising campaigns spanning thousands of screens.
- Populated by Media RSS Feed — Create a sequence populated with images and videos read from the Media RSS source entered in the Media RSS address field. It updates automatically when it is accessed.
- Populated by email — Create a sequence populated with images and videos sent to the specified email address. The item ID will be generated after saving. Save then edit this item again to view.
- Populated by VAST — Create a sequence populated by fetching a Video Ad Streaming Template.
- Advert pool — Experimental feature for allowing a sequence to be populated by an anonymous user.
Configure advanced sequence settings.
Transitions — Select this tab to display options that enable you to configure transition animations to provide visually pleasing movement between items in a sequence.
Sync — Select this tab to display options that enable you to synchronise playback between local devices. Screens must be on the same LAN and configured to display the same sequence or root base sequence. Ensure display candidates in each slot have the same duration. Synchronisation requires devices to have downloaded all content and may take a few minutes to apply. See Playback Synchronisation for more information.
Limits — Select this tab to display options that enable you to set the maximum number of slots for the sequence.
Defaults — Select this tab to display options that enable you to set the default duration for new items.
Audience analytics — Send item labels to 3rd party audience analytics server for media reports. Labels must be unique. This requires you to have analytics software on the devices.
Add a frame to the sequence. A frame may position or scale the main content and enable you to provide additional information at the sides. A frame can also be used to overlay branding on the main content.
Click Show sequence frame to access the frame settings.
Virtual resolution — Set the resolution for the framed sequence.
— Click this button to add a library item to the frame. Use the cursor to adjust the size and position of the item once it is added.
- Click and drag the numbered corners to adjust the size.
- Hover the cursor over the centre of the item, then click and drag to adjust the position.
— Click this button to display the Configure event dialog and add a button to trigger an action.
— Click this button to add a sequence to the frame.
Define events that interrupt regular sequential playback.
An event consists of two parts; a trigger and an action. When the trigger occurs, the action is performed. Actions include displaying a web page, playing another sequence, collecting data (such as an email address), or adding advanced data.
A trigger can occur at any time while the item is displaying and the action will interrupt the playback of the active item.
Click New event to display the Configure event dialog and define an event.
Grant additional users and user groups to access to the sequence item and set the access control level.
Users with access to this item
Enter a valid email address, select the permission level, then click Add.
- Full — The user will have full access to the item.
- Read only — The user can only view the item.
Users with access to these groups have access to this item
Enter a valid group name, select the permission level, then click Add.
- Full — Users with access to the selected group have full access to the item.
- Read only — Users with access to the selected group can view the item but not control it.
- Low vis — Users with access to the selected group will not see the item displayed in the full list of items. This can help speed up performance when there are a lot of items. For more information see Low visibility access controls.
Click the Delete button () to remove a user or group from the sequence item.
Add custom data to the sequence. The data may be used in condition evaluation or to store any additional information required.