For recent release notes, please see:
Version 1.7 - 2018-01-12
- Fixed problem that caused invalid comma separator to be used in GPS values when European locale used.
- Repackaged as APK.
Version 1.6 - 2017-07-28
- GPS status enhanced to show GPS location.
- Detection of video playback failure less strict. 3 second startup time allowed.
Version 1.5 - 2017-07-23
- GPS status checked. Android location manager used to report number of satellites. Not part of final test result.
Version 1.4 - 2017-05-24
- Patch to enable use of hidden WiFi networks.
- Added additional logging to help debug unexpected device reboots.
testEndCountto help detect unexpected mid testing reboots.
- Additional checks to ensure server receives
testRunTimeafter the long test and is reloaded after reboot.
- After completing the long test the device will reboot (if rooted).
- Timer added to bottom left displaying the total time test has been running (burn-in).
- Timer resumes after a reboot to show total test run time.
- A failure will stop test and timer. A clear data command must be sent to test again.
- Test results sent to server updated:
- Does not report quick test pass until server has received result.
- Now uses repackaged classes from server version 4.0.
- Patch to fix incorrect network configuration for a large partner.
- More accurate detection of available screen resolution. Also updates if ds-loader removes SystemUI.
- Vertical and horizontal line test to help detect if device pixel resolution matches screen pixel resolution.
- Additional test results sent to server:
- Failure to write to primary storage now considered as fail. (Even if secondary is OK).
- VideoView added and removed from view hierarchy instead of being reused.
- No longer tests storage (ext) if it is unavailable or mounted as read only.
- Removed test checking read speed greater than 5MB/s.
- Added additional exception handling to WiFi test.
- Method used for allocating random byte arrays for testing changed to reduce garbage collection.
- Method used for reading from files to verify written data updated.
- Bug fixed which could result in the test running in 2 concurrent threads after a failure.
- Jackson JSON serialisation library updated to 2.3.2 (last version supporting Android 2.2).
- WiFi speed and signal strength updated each second.
- WiFi speed and signal strength displayed.
- Barcode of MAC address displayed to aid manufacture.
- A temp directory is now used for testing storage (not blobstore).
- Reduced RAM quick test to 64MB.
- Reduced storage quick test to 128MB.