DS Loader version 15+ provides functionality to download, extract, and execute a custom update package. Update packages can be used to install custom APKs and change settings using Linux shell commands.
A custom update package is a .zip archive containing a shell script named
update.sh and any additional files needed by the shell script to perform the update.
When the custom update command is sent to DS Loader with a URL to the custom update package, the following actions will be performed:
- The .zip file is downloaded from the URL.
- An update directory is created.
- The .zip file is extracted to the update directory.
- A shell session is started in the update directory.
- Shell commands in file
- The update directory and its contents are deleted.
|Note: The Android permissions remain in effect. To perform system operations, the device must be rooted.|
Example custom update package — Installs a useful file manager.