DS Loader version 15+ provides functionality to download, extract and execute a custom update package. Update packages can be used to install custom APKs and change settings using Linux shell commands.
A custom update package is a ZIP archive containing a shell script named
update.sh and any additional files needed by the shell script to perform the update.
When the custom update command is sent to DS Loader with a URL to the custom update package, the following actions will be performed:
- ZIP file downloaded from URL.
- Update directory created.
- ZIP file extracted to update directory.
- Shell session started in update directory.
- Shell commands in file
- Update directory and contents deleted.
|Note: the Android permissions remain in effect. To perform system operations, the device must be rooted.|
Example custom update package — Installs a useful file manager.