Use the Stack item dialog to add content to a sequence and specify when it is played.
To display this dialog:
- click the Add new item button () in a stack; or
- click the Options button () on a stack item and select Edit.
The following tabs are available:
Label — The name of the item, which will be displayed on the thumbnail.
— Click choose a colour and apply it to the stack item. Colours enable you to easily identify items in the sequence. Colours applied to a stack item are not displayed on the screen during playback and are for helping manage content in the admin interface only.
Duration — Control how long an image or web page is displayed before progressing to the next item. If a video is uploaded and this field is not modified, it will be populated by the length of the video.
Use the options on the Display tab to define the multimedia to be displayed. The options available on this tab depend on which display type is selected. There are 3 display types:
- Single item — Upload a single item to the stack. The following options are available.
- Select item from library — Select an item from the library to add to the sequence.
- Upload item from local computer — Select an item to upload from your computer.
- Import item from remote server — Enter the address of the remote server. The item will be downloaded and stored so it will play offline.
- Link to a web page — Enter the address of the web page. The web page will be loaded and displayed by the player using Android WebView.
- Link to streaming media — Enter the custom streaming address. Ensure the playback device and player supports the stream. For example: http://, rtsp://, hdmi://, camera://, hls-http://, or dash-http://.
- Create with image editor — Open the Image editor so you can modify an item before importing it.
- Build content using another service — Add weather, exchange rates, an RSS feed, or a Twitter feed.
- Inner sequence — Create an inner sequence from a previously created sequence. Select the sequence you want to save as an inner sequence from the dropdown list.
- Multiple items at the same time — Position multiple items or sequences on the screen at once to create a composite item.
If you're editing an existing stack item, the Display tab displays the selected content.
Control how long a stack item will be displayed in a sequence by entering a start and/or end date.
When Collect playback data is selected, additional options become available.
Enter a Target play count and a date range and smart display pacing either displays or skips the item in a given loop of the sequence in order to meet the target play count by the end date.
Use conditions to determine if an item is displayed or skipped. If a condition is true, the item is displayed and the sequence progresses to the next slot. If a condition is false, the item is skipped and the item below it in the stack is evaluated.
Enter conditions manually, or click Build new condition to display the Build new condition dialog, which enables you to construct conditions based on location, audience analytics, scheduling, and frequency.
Configure transition animations to provide visually pleasing movement between items in a sequence.
Define what happens when the item on the screen is touched, a key is pressed, or a condition is true.
An event consists of two parts; a trigger and an action. When the trigger occurs, the action is performed. Actions include displaying a web page, playing another sequence, collecting data (such as an email address), or adding advanced data.
A trigger can occur at any time while the item is displaying and the action will interrupt the playback of the active item.
Click New event to display the Configure event dialog and define an event.
Any events created for an item are listed on the stack item's dialog.
Add custom data to the stack item.