Groups are useful for granting one or more users access to many items in a single operation. For example, newly registered users can be automatically added to a group, and another user can be given access to the group and act as an administrator for all the users. See Large Deployments for an example of this.
To create a new group item:
- Sign in to the admin interface.
- On the top menu bar, click Groups.
- On the Groups tab, click Add Group button () to display the Group dialog.
- On the General tab, enter a unique Label for the group. The Group name field is automatically populated. You can manually enter a different group name, but ensure you only use lowercase letters, numbers, and periods.
If either label or group name matches an existing label or group name, you won't be able to save the group.
- Click Save to close the dialog and create the group. The new group item is included in the list on the Groups tab.
- Once created, you can add items.
All items included in the group are listed on the Items tab of the Group dialog.
Please sign in to leave a comment.