Use Events to define what happens when the screen is touched, a key is pressed, or a condition is true. Events interrupt regular playback and can be defined to trigger actions such as playing another sequence, or collecting data (such as an email address), or adding advanced data.
An event consists of two parts; a trigger and an action. When the trigger occurs, the action is performed. You can define events for individual library items, to stacks, or to whole sequences.
To add a new event:
- Sign in to the admin interface
- Open an item's settings dialog:
- On the dialog, click the Events tab.
- Click New event. The Configure event dialog is displayed.
- Select a trigger type from the Trigger dropdown list.
If you've selected Keypress, Barcode, NFC tag, RS232 Input, Condition, or Remote API call, fill in the additional information to define the trigger event.
- In the Action area, from the first dropdown list, select what happens when the event is triggered. The options available on the dialog change depending on what you select.
- Fill in the details of the action. For more information, see Configure event dialog.
- In the Resume delay field, specify how long the player will wait before resuming playback of the parent sequence.
- Click Apply to save your changes and return to the previous dialog.