Scheduling content provides you with another method for targeting certain audiences. Use scheduling to limit the display of an item to a specified time period, day, date, or month. You can add multiple scheduling conditions and create groups to limit display of the item to several different times.
You can add a condition to a stack item or to a library item. Conditions added to library items will be carried into any sequence the item is added to, but a condition added to a stack item will only be applicable when the item is in that specific sequence.
To schedule a stack item to display on Monday to Friday only:
- Sign in to the admin interface.
- On the top menu bar, click Sequences.
- On the Sequences tab, click the Open button () to expand a sequence item.
- Move the cursor over the stack item you want to schedule and click the Options button ().
- Select Edit from the pop-up menu to display the Stack item dialog.
- On the Stack item dialog, click the Condition tab.
- Click Build new condition to display the Build new condition dialog.
- Click Scheduling. The dialog changes to reflect the selection.
- On the Build new condition dialog:
- Select day from the first dropdown menu.
- Select Monday from the third dropdown menu.
- Click New condition to add another condition.
- Repeat steps 1-3 until you've added Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday.
- At the top of the list, select Any of the following are true.
- Click Apply to add the conditions to the Stack item dialog.
- Click Save to close the dialog and add the condition to the stack item.
The stack item now has a question mark icon () displayed on the footer to show a condition has been added.
If a condition is attached to an item, but hasn't been met, then the item preview is greyed out and there is an additional icon () on the footer.