Scheduling content provides you with another method for targeting certain audiences. Use scheduling to limit the display of an item to a specified time period, day, date, or month. You can add multiple scheduling conditions and create groups to limit display of the item to several different times.
You can add a condition to a stack item or to a library item. Conditions added to library items will be carried into any sequence the item is added to, but a condition added to a stack item will only be applicable when the item is in that specific sequence.
To schedule a stack item to display on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday only:
- Sign in to the admin interface.
- On the top menu bar, click Sequences.
- On the Sequences tab, click the Open button () to expand a sequence item.
- Move the cursor over the stack item you want to schedule and click the Options button ().
- Select Edit from the pop-up menu to display the Stack item dialog.
- On the Stack item dialog, click the Condition tab.
- Click Build new condition to display the Build new condition dialog.
- Click Scheduling.
- On the Build new condition dialog:
- Select day from the first dropdown menu.
- Select Monday from the third dropdown menu.
- Click New condition to add another condition.
- Repeat steps 1-3 until you've added Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday.
- At the top of the list, select Any of the following are true.
- Click Apply to add the conditions to the Stack item dialog.
The item will now only display if the day is Monday OR Tuesday OR Wednesday.
- Click Save to close the dialog and add the condition to the stack item.
A stack item has a question mark icon () displayed on the footer to show a condition has been added. A green dot will also display if the condition is currently true, indicating the item will display.
If the condition is currently false the item preview is greyed out and the icon is displayed in the footer.
Note that the admin interface evaluates the items based on the current test data. You can edit the test data by selecting Set test data in sequence options. This is important for testing complicated conditions with different dates / times etc.