Scheduling content is useful for being able to limit the display of items to specific times and target certain audiences, such as the rush hour crowd, for example.
You can add scheduling conditions to a stack item or to a library item. Conditions added to library items will be carried into any sequence the item is added to, but a condition added to a stack item will only be applicable when the item is in that specific sequence.
Add multiple scheduling conditions to create more a little more complexity. For example, you can schedule a stack item to display only on weekdays from 7am until 9am:
- Sign in to the admin interface.
- On the top menu bar, click Sequences.
- On the Sequences tab, click the Open button () to expand a sequence item.
- Move the cursor over the stack item you want to schedule and click the Options button ().
- Select Edit from the pop-up menu to display the Stack item dialog.
- On the Stack item dialog, click the Condition tab.
- Click Build new condition to display the Build new condition dialog.
- Click Scheduling. The dialog changes to reflect the selection.
- Click New condition group twice to create two new groups. Ensure you click the bottom New condition group button, or the second group you create will be within the first. The dialog should look as follows:
- Click the Delete button on the top condition so that you're left with the two condition groups:
- In the top group:
- Change the times to 07:00 and 09:00.
- Select All the following are true.
- In the bottom group:
- Click New condition four times.
- In the first dropdown menu on the top row, select day.
- In the second dropdown menu on the top row, select is.
- In the third dropdown menu on the top row, select Monday.
- Repeat these steps until you've added Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday.
- At the top of the list, select Any of the following are true.
- Click Apply to add the conditions to the Stack item dialog.
- Click Save to close the dialog and add the condition to the stack item.
The stack item now has a question mark icon () displayed on the footer to show a condition has been added.
If a condition is attached to an item, but hasn't been met, then the item preview is greyed out and there is an additional icon () on the footer.