Add a location condition to an item to limit its display to a specific area. This can be useful if, for example, you have multiple screens in different geographical areas. You can use the same main sequence across your screens, but tailor it with location-specific content.
For moving screens, such as those in taxis and buses, GPS data collection can be enabled to automatically update the GPS as the screen moves between locations.
You can add a condition to a stack item or to a library item. Conditions added to library items will be carried into any sequence the item is added to, but a condition added to a stack item will only be applicable when the item is in that specific sequence.
To define a geofence for a stack item:
- Sign in to the admin interface.
- On the top menu bar, click Sequences.
- On the Sequences tab, click the Open button () to expand a sequence.
- Move the cursor over the stack item you want to only display in specific locations and click the Options button ().
- Select Edit from the pop-up menu to display the Stack item dialog.
- On the Stack item dialog, click the Condition tab.
- Click Build new condition to display the Build new condition dialog.
- Click Location. The dialog changes to reflect the selection.
- Use the map tools to define one or more areas on the map.
- Click Apply. The Build new condition dialog is closed and the location coordinates are added to the Condition box on the Stack item dialog.
- Click Save to add the condition to the stack item.
- You can test the condition by applying a test location using the set test data button labelled a=b.
- The item will display a green circle icon when the test location satisfies the condition in the admin interface.