Use the Image editor to edit images before importing them into the library or a sequence. Images imported with this editor can easily be modified, enabling you to perform quick updates to text or graphics. For example, you could update a menu to display new prices or items.
To display the Image editor:
- Click Create with image editor on the Display tab of either the Library item or Stack item dialog; or,
- Click the Options button () on a stack item or library item and select Image editor.
Note: This option is available only if you've previously imported the item using the image editor.
Using the Image editor to import an item
To import an item into your library using the image editor:
- Sign into the admin interface.
- On the top menu bar, click Library.
- On the Library tab, click the Add new item button () to display the Library item dialog.
- On the Display tab:
a. Select Single item.
b. Select Create with image editor. The Image editor window is displayed.
- In the Image editor, select File > Import Image.
- Select an image from your computer. Files with large dimensions will be automatically reduced in size to 1920x1080 to fit the canvas. This avoids manual resizing.
Note: The image must not exceed 1MB.
- Edit the image using the tools available in the Image editor.
- When you have made your edits, select File > Save to digital signage or press Ctrl+s to import the image into your library.
Editing an item with the Image editor
To update an item that has been imported using the image editor:
- Click the Options button () on a library or stack item. If the item has been imported using the Image editor, there is an Image editor option in the pop-up menu.
- Click Image editor to open the item in the Image editor.
- Edit the image as necessary.
- Click File > Save to digital signage to save your changes and return to the admin interface.
Note: Do not click the back button to return to the admin interface. Click Save to digital signage even if you make no changes, or a broken image link will be imported into the library
- If the item is used in multiple sequences and you want these changes to carry through into all sequences:
a. On the Library tab, click the Options button () on the item you've edited using Image editor.
b. Click Edit on the pop-up menu to display the Library item dialog.
c. On the Display tab, select Update sequences containing this item.
d. Click Save. Every instance of the item is updated.