An access control is a security technique used to regulate who can view and modify items on the digital signage platform. For example, an access control can grant a user the ability to view and modify a specific sequence. Additional access controls can be created to allow multiple users access to different items within the digital signage system.
When a user signs into the administration system, only items they have been granted access to will be visible.
Assign a group to an item so all members of the group have access to that item. You can assign a group to any item created in the digital signage system.
Items can be shared with other users using the Access tab when editing items.
Access controls for users:
- Full — The user will have full access to the item.
- Read only — The user can only view the item.
Access controls for groups:
- Full — Users with access to the selected group have full access to the item.
- Read only — Users with access to the selected group can view the item but not control it.
- Low vis — Users with access to the selected group will not see the item displayed in the full list of items. This can help speed up performance when there are a lot of items. For more information see Low visibility access controls.
Access controls can be assigned to screens, sequences, library items, users, groups, and cloud configurations.
To control access to an item:
- Click an item's Options button ().
- Select Edit from the pop-up menu. (Or select Settings if you're adding access controls to a sequence).
- Click the Access tab.
Note: This is only available to users with the Show access controls feature enabled.
- To give access to an invidual user, in the Users with access to this item section:
a. Enter a valid email address.
b. Select the access level: Full or Read only.
c. Click Add.
- To give access to a group, in the Users with access to these groups have access to this item section:
a. Enter a valid group name,
b. Select the access level: Full, Read only, or Low vis.
c. Click Add.